Boyband One Direction and former Take That star Robbie Williams lead the early tips for this year’s album chart Christmas No.1.
In new figures revealed by online retailer Amazon, One Direction’s third studio album Midnight Memories is currently No.2 in their pre-orders chart – two months ahead of its release on 25 November 2013. The current No.1 pre-ordered album is Fortress by US rockers Alter Bridge, which is released on 30 September, 2013.
Also inside the Top 5 pre-orders on Amazon are Haim’s Days Are Gone (released 30 September), Robbie Williams’ new collection of cover versions, Swings Both Ways (released 18 November) and Paul McCartney’s new album, New (released 14 October 2013).
The full Amazon pre-orders Top 20 is as follows:
1. Fortress, Alter Bridge
2. Midnight Memories, One Direction
3. Days Are Gone, HAIM
4. Swings Both Ways, Robbie Williams
5. New Deluxe, Paul McCartney
6. On Air – Live at the BBC Volume 2, The Beatles
7. ARTPOP, Lady Gaga
8. Love Is A Bourgeois Construct, Pet Shop Boys
9. Lightning Bolt, Pearl Jam
10. Reflektor, Arcade Fire
11. Moon Landing, James Blunt
12. Southeastern, Jason Isbell
13. The Fabulous Rock ‘N’ Roll Songbook, Cliff Richard
14. The 20/20 Experience – 2 of 2, Justin Timberlake
15. Perhaps Love, Jonathan & Charlotte
16. Vapor Trails (Remixed), Rush
17. Should Be Higher – The Remixes, Depeche Mode
18. Prism, Katy Perry
19. New Horizon, The Answer
20. Classic Rock Presents Motörhead Aftershock, Motörhead